Monday, January 24, 2011

Google: Convenient or Addictive?

Recently in class, we have been discussing Google, how it operates, and the rapid increase in its usage. One question brought up during these discussions was whether or not people are addicted to the Google search engine. 


The way I see it, people these days love convenience. Efficiency is key in this world. Google is, (for the most part) reliant and correct. People have a fast, accurate way of finding what they are looking for, rather than going to a library or search for themselves online, page by page. It can be considered that people are addicted to the internet itself, not necessarily just Google alone. 


I, myself, have become somewhat dependable upon the great Google, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I am addicted to it. I love the convenience of the search. It is a free service that I am very happy with, so why not use it again and again? Does that make it an addiction? 

No comments:

Post a Comment